What's romance without a little mystery, surprise and adventure? Here's how to put some fresh energy into your V-Day this year:
- Gift succulent LOVE letters by Bliss. They’re the perfect gift for him or her this year. They're an unconventional and beautiful way to show how much you care. Buy gold balloons that say XOXO and you’re set! Spend your Valentine's Day dinner enjoying an “indoor picnic”. Spread out the blanket and break out the fancy accouterments.
- Most dates will be hitting the ice skating rink come Valentine's Day, so go old school by taking your date roller-skating instead.
- What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than to laugh your head off? Grab a date and head to the nearest comedy club for an off-the-grid V-Day experience.
- Since lots of people already dismiss Valentine's Day as corny, plan a few touristy activities that you and your honey have never done. For example if you live in Abu Dhabi, visit Mushrif Park, Ferrari World or Yas Water World. Maybe even go biking around the F1 track. Actually sounds pretty romantic right?
- By do-it-yourself, we don't just mean cooking dinner and making mixed CDs. Scout around for a personalized present that he/she won't expect. For instance, create a blend of loose-leaf tea based on the recipient's personality at Teavana. Or put a contemporary spin on homemade scrapbooks, by compiling a book of love poems or love quotes photographs or literary passages that describe your relationship. DIY Origami hearts are wonderful! You can use all sorts of pretty papers, plain, patterned and even lightly textured to make some wonderful and unique origami hearts. You can write a cute little note on the outside if you're giving your heart to a loved one, or slip a little note inside the heart which almost works like a paper pocket.